Minneapolis St. Paul Duct Cleaning – Rid of Dust Mites
Indoor Allergen Removal
- $99 Special. Affordable Air Duct Sweep for unlimited vents.
- $199.95 Rotary Brush Cleaning. Advanced technique for thorough cleaning.
Dust mites are tiny eight-legged arthropods, about one hundredth of an inch in size. They live in virtually every Minneapolis St. Paul home and can number in the tens of thousands in any home. You’ll never see one without a strong magnifier. But they cause big health concerns for many people. Many common allergies and even asthma are triggered by chemicals in their excrement, which makes up a significant portion of household dust. Air ducts in your house are the most common way for this microscopic excrement to circulate throughout the home. Having clean air ducts is the best way to protect your family from allergic reactions to this hazard.
Information about Dust Mites
It is important to understand how dust mites may affect the air quality inside your house.
- Why They Live in Homes – Dust mites feed on the millions of tiny flakes of dead skin shed by all mammals. You and your pets provide them with the food they need. They can’t survive without living where people live.
- Where They Live – These tiny creatures live mainly in houses and other buildings where people and animals live. They live in all climates and all altitudes. In your home, they live in carpets, upholstery, clothing, and bedding.
- Why They Cause Allergies and Asthma – Like all living things, dust mites excrete waste. The excrement is extremely small, and makes up part of the airborne dust in your home. Proteases, chemicals from the dust mite’s digestive tract, are part of that excrement. Many people are allergic to these chemicals.
- Can They Be Eradicated? – In most cases, it’s pretty much impossible. While some chemicals can be used to kill them, they quickly repopulate most areas. The bottom line is that they can become a health hazard for you and your family.
- Can Dust Mites Be Controlled? – Frequent washing and drying of bedding can help keep its populations to a minimum. Careful housecleaning, including the use of vacuums with HEPA filters can remove some of the skin particles they eat and even vacuum up much of the excrement. Where allergies and asthma are a serious problem, some homeowners replace carpeting and upholstery with products that do not harbor dust mites.
- How Do Home Air Ducts Add to The Problem? – Dust mites can also live in your air ducts. Its excrement is tiny enough to circulate in your home as part of normal dust. As the layer of dust inside your ducts builds up, it’s constantly re-circulating throughout your home, including the dust mite debris that can trigger allergies. The more dirt in your air ducts, the more contaminants there are to circulate.
- Does Cleaning Air Ducts Solve the Problem? – Regular, thorough duct cleaning goes a long way toward minimizing the quantities of airborne allergens in your home. If there’s no buildup of dirt and debris in your air ducts, it can’t add to the allergen load in your home.
Air Duct Cleaning Service Company in Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Every home’s heating and cooling air ducts should be cleaned at least annually. In homes where allergies and asthma sufferers live, that may not be adequate. As the leading duct cleaner in Minnesota, our technicians have the training and expertise to thoroughly assess your home’s air ducts and recommend the most effective cleaning method to minimize a wide range of allergens. For over 25 years, we have been improving indoor air quality for homes across the Twin Cities, from Bloomington, Maple Grove, Minneapolis and Golden Valley in Hennepin County to Apple Valley, Burnsville, Inver Grove Heights and Eagan in Dakota County, and from Maplewood, Roseville, Shoreview and White Bear Lake in Ramsey County to Cottage Grove, Woodbury, Oakdale and Forest Lake in Washington County. We’re dedicated to clean residential ductwork, and offer several cleaning methods. Any time allergies and asthma are a problem, our Xtreme duct cleaning method is highly recommended. It’s the most effective way to keep your ducts free of debris of all kinds, including dust mite debris. Call Twin Cities Duct Cleaning today to schedule a duct cleaning in your home.